Work with us
At eYARD we keep growing 🚀 as fast as digitalization is getting through the #TerminalsOperating industry to offer our client the best solution.
Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist (f/m/x)
Hi! My name is Ángel Castro and I joined eYARD last year to lead the IT area, including development, product, operations, and support. I want to share the reasons I joined eYARD and why I hope you want to join as well:
- This is a young company, and our mission is to transform an industry like maritime transport, where the potential of the newest technologies comes quite slowly. So whatever successful service or product you can bring, it’s going to cause a huge impact for good. And that’s the kind of feeling I want to have about my work.
- Our main focus is the cost optimization of container terminals. We find out the best strategies to move containers in the yard, saving money, time, and CO2. It’s like playing chess, but with huge metal boxes. And it’s addictive!
- eYARD is a start-up, but our goal is not exponential growth. In this B2B market is more important to bring an excellent service compared to gain more and more clients. This commitment to quality resonated strongly with me and my values.
- We’re using cutting-edge technology to make our client’s life simpler. I am a very experimental person. So, for me, this company was a perfect match. eYARD is open to debate and try new ideas and approaches, and we do not regret making mistakes if we learn something valuable from it (but don’t get me wrong, we always try to make the lesser mistakes possible).
- Even before the COVID lockout, eYARD was a true believer in remote working. My life was bouncing between Madrid and Seville, and this way I was able to be with my family flexibly and conveniently. We foster everybody to have a great work/life balance.
And what about you? Currently, at eYARD, we are searching for Data Scientist with strong foundations and experience in time-series forecasting and model preparation and validation using reinforcement learning. Eventually, we also need to ingest client’s data (no big data, don’t panic), so experience in data engineering and ETLs would be a very welcomed nice-to-have. If you are good with these areas we’re pretty sure you’ll have to meet us. You will join our engineering team helping us to build the next generation of AI-based cost optimization tools for maritime ports. We need help preparing data models and automated simulations. And that involves dealing with years of data and lots of experiments that finally render the best positioning strategy. If you love creating things like AI chess players, or if you loved the AlphaGo documentary film, this position is definitely for you.
As an expert in preparing complex datasets and algorithms, you will be responsible for inventing how we use technology, machine learning, and data to maximize the productivity of our clients. You will help envision, build, deploy, and develop our next generation of APIs and tools which will help our clients to cut their unproductive operative costs off.
Our current stack is based mainly on Python and C#, but these technology decisions, besides being sensible with our current requirements and options available, are not cast in stone. New ideas and points of view are very welcomed.
What would we ask from you?
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related subject.
- Experience preparing, transforming, and ingesting data sources with different grades of maturity or preparation.
- Experience using, designing, and implementing Neural Networks. Knowledge of discrete simulation would be a plus.
- Experience working with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Pandas, Kafka, Spark, Databricks, or similar tools.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- And you will have extra points if you have knowledge or experience in Container Terminals.
What you’ll be doing daily
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have the exciting challenge to:
- Handle multiple sources of data and effective data manipulation, automating it where possible.
- Research state-of-the-art models.
- Implement those models and ensure that they will work with low latency and high accuracy in real-time.
- Write and maintain tools that help to create, deploy, evaluate, and effectively monitor ML models.
What’s in it for you
- We are proud to gather a team of really talented professionals.
- Motivational leadership: Here, your job title does not matter. We all sit together and work for the same goal. Well, we are a remote-first company, but even that, we sit together.
- Nice people caring for each other. We work hard, but we try to have fun doing our work.
- Competitive compensation, ongoing training, and growth opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested on the position, you can apply here -> https://bit.ly/3vx2bz4